Sunday, December 13, 2015

The best of St. Croix...

This week, I have my really good friends visiting from Chicago and my boyfriend's very sweet mom is in town for the month, and we've been having a blast. When I have visitors, it gives me the opportunity to do the things I forgot that I really enjoyed when I first arrived on this beautiful and magical island.




 So here is a list of the best of St. Croix...
  • Romantic nightly walks on the beach in warm ocean water  
  • Beautiful sunsets in Frederiksted, even on a cloudy night
  • Breathtaking ocean views on East End drives
  • Dark Chocolate chex and cheddar cheese pretzels 
  • Awww inspiring fire dancers on the beach or anywhere 
  • Meeting people I know and want to see everywhere you go
  • Hanukkah parties at beautiful homes with very kind people
  • Gifts that come in the form of experiences rather than things
  • Being cheerfully greeted by everyone everywhere, even if I don't know them
  • 20 Watt indoor mosquito zappers that leave no survivors
  • Holiday lights and decorations that resemble a Hollywood movie set 
  • A really cute boyfriend who makes me feel really good every single day 
  • Amazing friends that come to visit from over 2000 miles away
  • Great friends who live right here and make me feel like I'm home   


I get to experience all of these things almost every day and it feels like a dream. I really hope I never have to wake up.

Activity Review:

Frederiksted Sunsets

Watching a sunset is a really fun free activity to do while you're in St. Croix. The best sunsets are on the west side of the island because that's where the sun sets while the best sunrises are on the east side. The best place to watch the actual sunset is by the pier in Frederiksted. There are many different beachside areas and island bars that make watching the sunset a great way to spend a night with family and friends.

Add some rum punch or frozen drinks to the mix and it's a perfect St. Croix night. Even when the clouds obstruct your view, the colors of the sky during a St. Croix sunset are breathtaking and worth the trip. But come early, the sun sets early in St. Croix, between 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm, depending on the time of year.  And make sure to bring your camera because your pics will make everyone want to come visit you!

1 comment:

  1. Your experiences are so enriching and warm... God Bless, and enjoy... :)

    ReplyDelete