Sunday, March 13, 2016

Back on schedule and living in the moment...

I spent my whole life planning for the future but being here has allowed me to live in the moment and enjoy the now rather than always thinking about how I can enjoy what's to come. I think everyone needs to plan to a certain point or you never really get to achieve what you set out to do but you also have to learn how to enjoy what you have planned. There is a fountain outside my window and I can hear the water streaming and I can hear crickets, but otherwise it is silent and that sound is magical. It's dusk right now and I am just able to sit here and write and not think about anything else that has been done or that I still need to do. I get to be here now and I have spent years trying to figure out how to do this.

I'm not sure what it is about this island that gives me the opportunity to live in the present but the absolute beauty and perfection of the nature around here definitely helps. We have stores and movie theaters (just one) and all those places and things that we become so accustomed to but here all those places are superseded by the natural surroundings of the beautiful sea water and the hills and "what is" and not what will be in the future.

I was playing miniature golf today and at first it started out just like any other activity that you would do on a Sunday afternoon, but then I looked out and I saw the background of where I was and I couldn't believe how lucky I was to just be there. I began to think about all the people who come to visit and never leave or those who have been visiting for years and I was wondering what makes them stay. This isn't the most glamorous island with the most activities and it may not even be the prettiest (although there are some very beautiful parts that are probably prettier than most other places), but I think it has a combination of all those things that people have a very hard time finding anywhere else. Somehow everything comes together here and makes it the perfect island to just be on in the present.

Activity Review:

Divi Carina Bay Resort Miniature Golf

I don't have any great pics for this activity but it is the only miniature golf on the island and it's very easy to find. It's located across from Divi Carina Bay Resort right across from East End Pizza. They are open seven days a week from 2 pm to 9 pm and cost is only $8 for adults. The course is a bit challenging if you are a beginner with some elevated greens at some of the holes but overall, it's fun and you get a great view of the Caribbean Sea if you go during daytime hours.

There is also a driving range here and air hockey tables and party rooms for those who want a little more to do than just miniature golf. This activity is fun for the whole family or for those who just want to get away from their families or surroundings for a few hours!



No comments:

Post a Comment