Sunday, November 1, 2015

Making Wishes on a Magical Island

We've all wished upon a star or a candle or 20 sometime in our lives. Some wishes are small like getting something you really want on your birthday and others are bigger such as wishing health to family members and wishing to be happy. I've made many wishes. I have thrown coins which have probably amounted to a small fortune into every pond, puddle, or pretty fountain I could find, in every country I have ever visited. I have also wished on every candle and shooting star and anything else that I deemed wish-worthy. No matter how grandiose my object upon which I was wishing, in my 32 years, most of my wishes have never come true.



When I came to St. Croix, I made many wishes. I quit my job and moved 2000 miles away from all my family and friends, and I definitely needed some of those wishes to come true so that this island could become my home. Suddenly, even though my wishing batting average has been very low thus far, most of the wishes I have made here have come true. I wish differenly here. Candles have been replaced with beautiful water, orange moons and fish that magically light up in the ocean. What I wish for is also very different here. I no longer wish for things that may or may not happen ten years down the road, I wish for things that are here and now. I wish for good friends, sunny days and beautiful sunsets. I also wish for good health and happiness for others and even though those are harder wishes, I have a lot of faith that those will come true as well.

I really do think that this is a magical island where fairy dust that lights up the water makes wishes come true, even though it's probably more than just wishes that makes this possible. The people of this island create a really positive energy that makes the world here, even for a moment in a day's time, better for others. You can feel it every time someone genuinely greets you on the street or when someone helps you at the grocery store.  And this energy makes me want to exude the same type of energy onto others. So maybe it's not all magic but just a different way of thinking about the circumstances of your present life, although right now,  there is a little magic here in mine.





Restaurant Review:

Seini's Golden Rail Restaurant at Mill Harbour Condominiums...

You won't find Seini's Golden Rail by just driving around St. Croix, but if you know where it is, you won't be disappointed. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and there is a beautiful ocean and pool as the backdrop to your meal. The salads, sandwiches and pasta are really fresh and taste great, and breakfast is made exactly to order. There is also a full bar if you want to just do drinks.

Located at La Grande Princesse area in St. Croix, you have to actually go to the Mill Harbour Condominiums gate and dial the restaurant in order to gain entry (www.goldenrailstcroix.com). The garden full of iguanas and flowers, and bridge that leads to the restaurant adds to the dining experience as it reminds me of a secret garden that's definitely worth the trip to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment