Sunday, August 9, 2015

Bad days and beautiful sunsets

I've decided that I will be updating my blog every Sunday night so come back to read St. Croix Beach Bum on Sundays (maybe right after you read Post Secret)! And I will be doing one review of a restaurant or activity or beach on St. Croix towards the end of the blog post so look for that as well. This week it's Cruzan Cowgirls Horse Rescue!

A few days ago, one of my friends on island asked me if I ever have a bad day. Apparently the blog is extremely blissful and makes it seem that bad days do not occur on St. Croix. Well, as many of you can imagine, there are definitely bad days! But just like in real life, we are more prone to sharing the good moments than the bad. But yes, I have had less than great days and I have gotten through them by thinking positively and looking at my beautiful surroundings. I may have mentioned this before but the highs here are so high that the lows are accentuated. When something bad happens, or bad news comes in, it feels like soccer punch. When this happens, I think of where I am and how lucky I am and that tomorrow will be a better day and it usually is. So yes, to answer everyone who was wondering, bad things do happen on island but most people here are optimistic and we get through it. There
is a community of people who are ready to chat and talk and have life go on even better than before.


Once again this week, I have also been reminded about making new friends and how easy it is here. Some people I met at the farm last weekend invited me to watch the sunset with them at Coconuts Beach Bar. This beach and bar is on the west end of the island, and while most islanders are weary of going so far when they live on the East end or mid-island, I went a few times this week and the sunsets were beautiful. The beaches on the west end have to be some of the prettiest beaches that I have ever seen and they are definitely worth the drive. I also had a wonderful dinner at Zion Modern Kitchen and I was able to visit Cruzan Cowgirls Horse Rescue. The horses were very sweet and the whole horse farm is a wonderful place for horses who definitely deserve a second chance. I will be taking a sunset horseback ride soon and I can't wait!

This week reminded me that St. Croix is great because the people here are so open and welcoming. The animals here are also very welcoming and sweet and remind me why I love it here.

Activity Review:

Cruzan Cowgirls Horse Rescue...

Cruzan Cowgirls is run by Jennifer and her family. This is a wonderful place for both kids and adults. All the horses are rescues and the farm also has rescued dogs, sheep and chickens. For little kids, there is a chance to pet animals and get on a horse or do a ride. For adults, there are sunset rides through the beautiful sea.

The proceeds go back to the farm in order to help rescue and feed the animals. Cruzan Cowgirls even donates feed to other owners in order to help them and their horses get through the current drought on St. Croix. So if you love horses or horseback riding or have guests coming to town or just want to help out, contact Cruzan Cowgirls on either Facebook or at www.cruzancowgirls.com

No comments:

Post a Comment